Don’t make the mistake of assuming direct mail marketing campaigns can’t be high-tech and fully measurable. By incorporating QR codes and augmented reality (AR), marketers can create interactive postcard mailers that are sure to grab customers’ attention.
QR codes are two-dimensional barcodes that can be scanned with a smartphone camera to access digital content. AR is a technology that superimposes a computer-generated image on a user’s view of the real world, thus providing a composite view.
How can QR codes and AR be used in postcard mailers?
QR codes can be used to direct customers to a variety of digital content, such as:
- Your website
- A landing page with a special offer
- A video
- A social media page
- A game or interactive experience
AR can be used to create a variety of interactive experiences, such as:
- Making a product or service come to life on the page
- Allowing customers to try on products or see how they would look in their home
- Providing customers with additional information about a product or service
- Creating a fun and engaging experience for customers
Benefits of using QR codes and AR in postcard mailers
There are many benefits to using QR codes and AR in postcard mailers, including:
- Increased engagement: QR codes and AR can make postcard mailers more engaging and interactive, which can lead to higher response rates.
- Improved customer experience: QR codes and AR can provide customers with a more personalized and informative experience.
- Increased brand awareness: QR codes and AR can help to increase brand awareness by exposing customers to your digital content.
- Measurable results: QR codes and AR can be used to track customer engagement and measure the results of your marketing campaigns.
How to create interactive postcard mailers
If you’re interested in creating interactive postcard mailers, there are a few things you need to do:
- Choose a QR code generator. There are many free and paid QR code generators available online.
- Create a QR code for your desired digital content.
- Place the QR code on your postcard mailer. You can use a variety of software programs to do this.
- Create AR content for your postcard mailer. You can use a variety of AR platforms to do this.
- Test your QR code and AR content to make sure they work properly.
- Print and mail your postcard mailers!
Tips for creating effective interactive postcard mailers
Here are a few tips for creating effective interactive postcard mailers:
- Make sure your QR code is large enough to scan easily.
- Place the QR code in a prominent location on your postcard mailer.
- Use a clear and concise call to action to tell customers what to do when they scan the QR code.
- Create AR content that is relevant to your product or service and that will provide value to customers.
- Test your QR code and AR content thoroughly before mailing your postcard mailers.
Don’t use QR codes and AR just for the sake of it. Every element you add to your campaign should have a specific, measurable purpose related to your industry. Effective laundry postcard marketing, for instance, might send customers to a landing page where they can learn more about a new product or service, sign up for a newsletter, or enter a contest. A dentist may want to use AR to create a virtual tour of their office so that children or patients that might find the dentist’s office frightening will be less intimidated. An ecommerce company could use AR to provide customers with additional information about a product or service, such as nutritional information, assembly instructions, or customer reviews. Whatever you use AR or QR codes for, make sure it adds value to the campaign.
Interactive postcard mailers are a great way to engage customers and create a more personalized and informative experience. By incorporating QR codes and AR into your postcard mailers, you can increase brand awareness, drive traffic to your website, and boost sales.
No matter what type of business you have, there are many ways to use QR codes and AR in your postcard mailers.