Our third COTM of 2019 is an East London charity dedicated to bridging the gap between education and work. Tower Hamlets Education Business Partnership is helping future generations right now and we’re celebrating its great work today. Congratulations!
Tower Hamlets Education Business Partnership helps the next generation
Established in 1991, Tower Hamlets Education Business Partnership (THEBP) began with a mission to enable children and young adults to bridge the gap between education and work. Based in East London, UK, THEBP helps give people the numeracy and literacy skills to decide what career path to take.
Why is Tower Hamlets Education Business Partnership helping young people? We’ll let this great charity explain for itself: “we want all young people to learn more, do more and become more – because it is our firm belief that educated communities will become thriving communities.”
What programmes does THEBP offer to support young people?
THEBP works in primary and secondary schools, supporting them with a range of curriculum and Ofsted approved programmes:
- Aim2Attain: Helps students to grasp the choices they have for training and higher education
- Business mentoring: Mentors visit secondary schools to help young people make informed decisions about their careers
- Employability and enterprise workshops: Secondary school workshops designed to get students engaged with work
- Financial literacy: Teaches primary and secondary school children how to manage their finances
- Partner schemes: Primary school schemes that help children develop their literacy and numeracy skills
- Host a work experience student: One-week placements that give students a chance to get real work experience
What can you do to help Tower Hamlets Education Business Partnership?
Tower Hamlets Education Business Partnership relies on support from foundations, businesses, and individuals to achieve its goal of giving East London students the financial and literacy skills to thrive. There are five main ways you can help THEBP make the world a better place:
- Provide funding
- Host a young person on work experience
- Sign up to the newsletter