It’s the end of the month and that can only mean that it’s time to shine a light on a wonderful charity. May’s winner of our charity of the month is South London’s Business Launchpad.
Who are Business Launchpad?
Business Launchpad are a UK-based charity who have been “transforming young lives through enterprise” since being founded in 1988.
How are Business Launchpad helping young entrepreneurs?
They support entrepreneurs aged 16-30 at every stage of their business and they do so in a number of ways:
- Workshops – they run workshops all across London that offer guidance in social enterprise, ideas generation and business basics
- Business Counselling – through one-to-one counselling, Business Launchpad provide motivation to young entrepreneurs
- Leadership – there’s a leadership development programme that has a youth leadership panel and a series of helpful workshops
- Peer Support – community collaboration opportunities are made available, along with support from fellow young entrepreneurs
- Business Mentoring – business leaders and noted entrepreneurs provide one-to-one mentoring
- Office Space – subsidised office spaces at the Trident Business Centre are available to rent for people looking to start their businesses
Business Launchpad are so successful at helping young entrepreneurs that 85% of the businesses they offer support are still in operation after 24 months, taking them significantly over the UK’s average lifespan for startups.
What can I do to support Business Launchpad?
If you want to help this fantastic charity continue the excellent work they do, show your support by offering a donation to Business Launchpad.